Mackenzie Pulp Mill Mackenzie, BC
1000 Coquiwaldie Road, Mackenzie, BC
Property Facts & Highlights
- Additional photos to come
- Former Paper Excellence Pulp Mill in Mackenzie BC
- 2 hours north of Prince George, BC
- Rail, highway and water access
- Airport nearby
- Excellent opportunity for large scale industrial users
- ESA Contract with BC Hydro provides for 3MW of power, previous operational use was in excess of 24MW
- Cogeneration infrastructure on site for additional on-site power generation
- 5 separate titles
- Variety of improvements
- Data Room available
Colliers Vancouver has been retained by Paper Excellence to market the former Mackenzie Pulp Mill facility in Mackenzie BC. Situated approximately 2 hours north of Prince George, and located directly on Williston Lake (BC’s largest man-made lake), the former mill occupies a substantial area of 884 acres, 770 acres of which is industrial zoned, waterfront and serviced by CN Rail.
Permanently closed by Paper Excellence in mid-2021, the mill is being offered for sale on a comprehensive basis. Following its shutdown the Mill reduced its power contract with BC Hydro to 3 megawatts of power following historic use of in excess of 24MW, providing the opportunity for a wide range of heavy industrial uses. Continued use as a paper mill is not possible. The Mackenzie Mill is ideally positioned for natural resource based uses requiring access to rail, power, water and a skilled labour force, as well as uses such as cryptocurrency mining or bio-fuel development due to the accessibility of power.