Quartz Bay Cortes Island, BC
Property Facts & Highlights
- Secluded Quartz Bay on Cortes Island
- 88 acres, 9 titles, and 5,400 feet of protected waterfront
- 5 docks with deep water moorage
- Variety of upland improvements already in place including an engineered and approved septic system for 4 homes
- Shellfish Tenures
- Private, boat access and surrounded by Crown Land
- Great potential for a boutique waterfront development of 9 separate properties
- Ideal for a group purchase, family estate, or private waterfront retreat. Lots of options given the 9 waterfront titles
- Owner will consider JV or outright Sale
- Stunning views from anywhere on the property
Situated on the northwest side of Cortes Island, Quartz Bay is a secluded and boat access only harbour that provides protected, deep-water moorage. Consisting of 88 acres, this offering is predominantly surrounded by Crown land and includes 8 separate titles, 5,400 feet of waterfront and a range of improvements that includes 5 separate docks and a relatively recently constructed 2,800 square foot workshop with roughed in but comfortable suite and loft for accommodation.
One of the nicest coves on Cortes Island, Quartz Bay is easily accessible by floatplane and is approximately 15 nautical miles from Campbell River and a relatively quick 45-minute boat ride. The area surrounding Cortes Island is frequented by a wide range of wildlife. It is not uncommon to have Killer Whales and Dolphins make a visit to Quartz bay.
Quartz Bay has a unique and storied history as a former homestead, logging camp, shellfish operation, and of course the vast history of local First Nations. The property itself presents highly useable terrain offering multiple areas for building sites, unique views, fresh water, and most importantly, accessible and protected low bank waterfront.
This is a unique property for a variety of reasons: multiple titles; usable terrain; significant accessible and varied waterfront; protected moorage with 5 separate docks; existing improvements; and freshwater. Although the property shares Quartz Bay with two other existing improved properties, the privacy is second to none. Quartz Bay is a rare and stunning offering.
Several potential options exist for Quartz Bay. An incredible family estate property with the potential to build multiple guest cabins, or alternatively, the development of up to 9 individual homes (and secondary cabins) based on the current zoning and number of titles. Given the limited properties for sale within this region, a private and boutique development of this nature would be well received.