4,376 Acres of Agricultural Land for Sale in Creston, BC Kootenay, BC
Property Facts & Highlights
- 18 separate land titles ranging in size from 23 to 451 acres
- Class 1 and Class 2 soil. Highly Productive and Fertile
- Lands are fully contained within the Agricultural Land Reserve (ALR)
- Located in the Beautiful Creston Valley just minutes from the charming Town of Creston
- Largest holdings within the Reclamation Diking District - annual water allocation of 2,960,352 cubic meters/year
- Lands are designated as Agricultural under the Electoral Area ‘C’ Comprehensive Land and zoned Agriculture 3 (AG3)
Located in the Creston Valley, (more specifically in the area known as the Creston Flats) this offering includes close to 4,400 acres of land in 18 separate land titles. The lands are held in two companies Piper Farms Ltd and Christensen Bros. Farms Ltd. Preference is to sell the portfolio as a whole and/or as share transactions.
This is an incredibly rare offering. Not only are the lands comprised primarily of very fertile Class 1 and Class 2 soils, but there is an abundance of available water for irrigation as a result of its location within the Reclamation Diking District. While currently flood irrigated the lands could easily be irrigated by other means. At present the lands are planted in grains, peas, alfalfa and timothy hay and seed, however, the lands could be used for a wide variety of other potential crops, with some parts suitable for blueberries, fruits and nuts.
Most of the properties consist of land only. Some titles have hay storage sheds and
equipment sheds. The farm headquarters also has a full mechanical shop and over 4,000
tonnes of grain storage in multiple modern silos.
Additional information is available upon execution of a Non-disclosure Agreement. Please contact Mark Lester for information.